Work visa is issued to Australian Citizens and other nationals who are the holders of Australian residency visa for an entry into the Russian federation for work purposes based on an invitation issued by Russian MIA with possibility of further stay/visa extension period by the Russian MIA agency on the territory of the Russian Federation.
The basis for further stay /visa extension period may be an employment agreement or a civil contract, either work or service, concluded according to the Russian Federation legislation.
Work visa can be applied for single, double or multi entry and issued for the period up to 3 years, based on the dates provided in invitation obtained from MIA.
In order to apply for a work visa you must submit the following:
The original of the invitation issued by the General Administration of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Russian Federation;
- The decision of Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs on issuing a visa to the Russian Federation;
- Passport with no less than 2 empty pages for visas, valid for 1,5 years starting on the visa effective date (the exception is a visa for highly qualified specialist - the passport must be valid for a minimum of 6 months after the day of visa expiry);
- Electronic Visa Application Form, filled out in Russian or English, and printed double-sided from the following website of the Consular Department of the Russian Foreign Ministry: https://visa.kdmid.ru. (Please follow the instructions for the procedure, available at the above mentioned website, provided in Russian as well as other languages, including Japanese). The Russian Visa center can fill in the visa application on your behalf;
- One passport size (3.5 x 4.5 cm) clear photo in color taken full-face directly facing the camera and against a plain white or light-colored background. Only non-tinted prescription glasses and head covering worn daily for a religious purpose or as a part of national costume (in this case the same head covering must be worn in the passport photo) are allowed. At the Russian visa center you can opt for "Express Photo" service;
- Negative HIV-test result (a blood test) as per required form. This medical certificate must be issued within 90 days prior to the day of application.
- If you are not an Australian citizen please check the additional requirements for the citizens of your respective country and follow this link to check the additional information.
- We recommend you to obtain a medical insurance policy for your travel. In our visa center we can help you to buy travel insurance for AUD22 + GST
You can also use our Postal service to submit your visa application by post.
Important! In case you have two or more valid passports, please make sure there are no valid Russian visas in any of the passports before submitting your visa application.
Please note! The Consular section of the Embassy of the Russian Federation may request additional visa documents, invite you for an interview or extend the time of visa issuing procedure.
For the citizens of Australia
|Consideration period||Consular fee||Service fee
+ visa filing fee
|10-12 business days||$112||$43 + $200|
|4-6 business days||$224||$43 + $200|
|10-12 business days||$179||$43 + $200|
|4-6 business days||$358||$43 + $200|
|10-12 business days||$336||$43 + $200|
|4-6 business days||$672||$43 + $200|
Transfer or restoration of a visa regardless of citizenship
|Consular fee||Service fee
+ visa filing fee
|$50||$43 + $200|
All fees are paid at the Visa application center in Australian dollars by card.
If the Russian Federation has a separate bilateral agreement on visa fees amounts with another state, the visa fees applied for the citizens of this state should correspond to the conditions of this agreement.
Processing time starts from the day the documents are delivered to the Consulate. In certain cases the Consulate can extend or reduce the processing time.
Completing the Russian visa application form
The application form for a Russian visa should be filled out in electronic form on the website of the Consular Department of the Russian Foreign Ministry: https://visa.kdmid.ru.
At your request, we can fill out the application form for you at the visa center. This is a paid additional service worth $14 for each page of the application form.
A separate application form must be completed for each applicant.
We would like to inform you that at the Russian visa application centers you can use the following additional (paid) services:
- To fill in an application form;
- To copy or print documents;
- To make express photos;
- To process documents sent by mail;
- To deliver documents on the same day;
- To deliver fully prepared documents by courier;
- SMS informing.
- Acquiring of the above mentioned services does not affect the procedure for consideration of visa application and does not guarantee issuing of visa;
- The cost for provision of services is charged in addition to the service fee;
- All the above mentioned services are provided only at your request;
- Please, read about all the terms of providing these services before you start the procedure.