Ordinary tourist visa is issued to Australian Citizens and other nationals who are the holders of Australian residency visas. Russian Visa is issued for a short-term stay of up to 30 days and is based on a tourist acceptance confirmation issued by Russian travel agencies/tour operators who are registered with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation.
A tourist visa is issued for the following purposes:
- tourism (visiting cultural events, excursions, sight-seeing)
- short-term business negotiations
- exhibitions, auctions
- medical consultation or examination
In case if the tourist visa is requested to participate in business negotiations, exhibitions, auctions or to undergo a medical consultation or examination, the field "Purpose of visit" of a tourist confirmation should be filled in as "Purpose tourism" . The validity period of such visas is determined by the number of days required to fulfill the purpose of visit, which is specified in a tourist confirmation.
A tourist visa may allow single or double/multiple entry to the Russian Federation. The below conditions should be respected:
- The maximum period of stay in the Russian Federation with a tourist visa is up to 30 days.
- A double-entry tourist visa is issued to a foreign citizen only if according to the documents during the stay in the Russian Federation he/she plans to visit a neighbour country and to return through the territory of the Russian Federation. In addition, a detailed travel itinerary should be included in the package tour description (or in the confirmation of acceptance of a foreign citizen issued by a host Russian organization).
Cruise Ship and River Cruise passengers arriving /stopping at Russian Sea Ports (Big and Passenger Port of St. Petersburg, Vladivostok, Vyborg, Kaliningrad, Korsakov – Sakhalin Oblast, Novorossiysk, Sevastopol, Sochi), tourist traveling on-board large cruise ships do not require a visa if the following conditions are met:
- The overall period of stay in the Russian territory is no longer than 3 days (72 hrs.)
- Tourist stay overnight on-board the cruise ship
- Tourist go ashore only as a part of a group of passengers on the excursion organized by the cruise travel company
Tourist intending to go ashore independently, and NOT take part in the cruise tour company organized shore excursions will require a visa. Single entry visa will suffice even if the passenger is disembarking the ship more than once while remaining in Russian waters.
The following documents are required in order to apply for a tourist visa:
- A tourist confirmation issued by the Russian organization that provides tour operator services and is listed in the Unified Federal register of tour operators. This document must be issued on a single prescribed form "On the admission of foreign tourists", signed by the responsible person and bear a stamp of a Russian tourist company. If tourist services are provided by different tourist companies, tourist confirmations of every company should be provided;
- Passport with no less than 2 empty pages for visas, valid for 6 months from the visa expiry date;
- Copy of the data page of the passport (the page containing personal data and photograph of the holder, passport number, issue and expiry dates);
- Electronic Visa Application Form, filled out in Russian or English, and printed double-sided from the following website of the Consular Department of the Russian Foreign Ministry: https://visa.kdmid.ru . (Please follow the instructions for the procedure, available at the above mentioned website, provided in Russian as well as other languages, including English). The Russian Visa center can fill in the visa application on your behalf.
- One passport size (3.5 x 4.5 cm) clear photo in color taken full-face directly facing the camera and against a plain white or light-colored background. Only non-tinted prescription glasses and head covering worn daily for a religious purpose or as a part of national costume (in this case the same head covering must be worn in the passport photo) are allowed . At the Russian visa center you can opt for "Express Photo" service;
If you are not an Australian citizen please check the additional requirements for the citizens of your respective country and follow this
link to check the additional information.
If you are a citizen of the USA, please refer to the additional information for USA applicants.
You can also use our Postal service to submit your visa application by post.
Important! In case you have two or more valid passports, please make sure there are no valid Russian visas in any of the passports before submitting your visa application.
Please note! The Russian Federation Consular Offices in Australia may request additional visa documents, invite you for an interview or extend the time of visa issuing procedure.
For the citizens of Australia
|Consideration period||Consular fee||Service fee
|10-12 business days||$104||$43|
|4-6 business days||$208||$43|
|10-12 business days||$166||$43|
|4-6 business days||$333||$43|
|10-12 business days||$312||$43|
|4-6 business days||$624||$43|
Transfer or restoration of a visa regardless of citizenship
|Consular fee||Service fee
If the Russian Federation has a separate bilateral agreement on visa fees amounts with another state, the visa fees applied for the citizens of this state should correspond to the conditions of this agreement.
Processing time starts from the day the documents are delivered to the Consulate. In certain cases the Consulate can extend or reduce the processing time.
Completing the Russian visa application form
The application form for a Russian visa should be filled out in electronic form on the website of the Consular Department of the Russian Foreign Ministry: https://visa.kdmid.ru.
At your request, we can fill out the application form for you at the visa center. This is a paid additional service worth $14 for each page of the application form.
A separate application form must be completed for each applicant.
We would like to inform you that at the Russian visa application centers you can use the following additional (paid) services:
- To fill in an application form;
- To copy or print documents;
- To make express photos;
- To process documents sent by mail;
- To deliver documents on the same day;
- To deliver fully prepared documents by courier;
- SMS informing.
- Acquiring of the above mentioned services does not affect the procedure for consideration of visa application and does not guarantee issuing of visa;
- The cost for provision of services is charged in addition to the service fee;
- All the above mentioned services are provided only at your request;
- Please, read about all the terms of providing these services before you start the procedure.