Ordinary private visa is issued to Australia Citizens and other nationals who are the holders of Australian residency visa for an entry to the Russian Federation as a guest visit based on:
- Written application of a Russian citizen to the Russian Ambassador or the Consul General for a joint entry into the Russian Federation with family members who are foreign citizens.
- Written request of a foreign citizen to the Russian Ambassador or the Consul General in a connection with a necessity of entry into the Russian Federation for urgent treatment, due to a serious illness or death of a close relative .
The following documents are to be attached to a request:
- a written confirmation from a Russian medical institution issued on an official letterhead (stamped) indicating the necessity of emergency medical care, emergent hospitalization, emergent examination or a serious illness of a person who is being visited requiring constant care; OR
- death certificate of a citizen – applicant’s close relative. Close relatives are taken to be spouses, children, parents, including parents-in-law, if a spouse is an accompanying person; OR
- international telegraph message indicating death of a citizen certified by an official from an institution of communication;
- a document confirming immediate relationship of an applicant and a person to be visited or immediate relationship of an applicant and the deceased.
Private visa is issued for a period up to 90 days and may be single- or double-entry.
In order to apply for a common single- or double-entry private visa the following must be submitted:
A written application of a Russian citizen to the Head of the Consulate for a joint entry into the Russian Federation with family members who are foreign citizen:
The application is made by the inviting Russian citizen and must be accompanied by:
- a copy and the original (will be returned) of a valid Russian foreign passport of the inviting person;
- a copy and the original (will be returned) of a document proving close relationship between the applicant and his relative in Russia (marriage certificate, birth certificate, a document confirming the disability of an adult child etc). All Non-Russian documents must be apostilled.
- Passport with no less than 2 empty pages for visas, valid for 6 months from the visa expiry date;
- Visa application form filled in on the website visa.kdmid.ru, printed and signed personally by the applicant;
- Colour photography 3.5 x 4.5 cm with a light background with a clear frontal view of the full face without tinted glasses or a headwear (except for the persons who in accordance with their nationality or religious beliefs are depicted with a headwear on their passport photography). At the Russian visa center you may ask for the additional service Express Photo.
If you are a citizen of the USA, please refer to the additional information for USA applicants.
Please note! Consulate institution reserves a right to request additional documents for visa processing, invite for an interview or extend the duration of a visa processing.
Please note! If you are not an Australian citizen please check the additional requirements for the citizens of your respective country and follow this link to check the additional information.
For the citizens of Australia
|Consideration period||Consular fee||Service fee
|10-12 business days||$104||$43|
|4-6 business days||$208 (only by Invitation from MFA)||$43|
|10-12 business days||$166||$43|
|4-6 business days||$333 (only by Invitation from MFA)||$43|
|10-12 business days||$312||$43|
|4-6 business days||$624 (only by Invitation from MFA)||$43|
Transfer or restoration of a visa regardless of citizenship
|Consular fee||Service fee
All fees are paid at the Visa application center in Australian dollars by card.
If the Russian Federation has a separate bilateral agreement on visa fees amounts with another state, the visa fees applied for the citizens of this state should correspond to the conditions of this agreement.
Processing time starts from the day the documents are delivered to the Consulate. In certain cases the Consulate can extend or reduce the processing time.
Completing the Russian visa application form
The application form for a Russian visa should be filled out in electronic form on the website of the Consular Department of the Russian Foreign Ministry: https://visa.kdmid.ru.
At your request, we can fill out the application form for you at the visa center. This is a paid additional service worth $14 for each page of the application form.
A separate application form must be completed for each applicant.
We would like to inform you that at the Russian visa application centers you can use the following additional (paid) services:
- To fill in an application form;
- To copy or print documents;
- To make express photos;
- To process documents sent by mail;
- To deliver documents on the same day;
- To deliver fully prepared documents by courier;
- SMS informing.
- Acquiring of the above mentioned services does not affect the procedure for consideration of visa application and does not guarantee issuing of visa;
- The cost for provision of services is charged in addition to the service fee;
- All the above mentioned services are provided only at your request;
- Please, read about all the terms of providing these services before you start the procedure.